This recipe makes 2 deep dish pecan pies:
Cheese Cake Part:
- 2 blocks cream cheese at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon vanilla
Blend all three ingredients until smooth and divine equally between the 2 pie crust, spreading evenly on the bottom.
Pecan Pie Part:
- 1 cup Karo Light Corn Syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and at room temp
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups chopped pecans (1 ½ cup per pie)
- 2 (9-inch) unbaked or frozen** deep-dish pie crust
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Pour into the pie crust dividing equally between both pies.
- Pour 1/12 cups chopped pecans into the pie and then gently “dunk” the pecans with the back of the spoon. (If you place them in the crust directly onto of the cream cheese before pouring in the filling, they may not float back up)
- Wrap the edges of the crust with foil, this keeps the edges from burning.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving. ( I place mine on a cookie sheet before baking in-case of spillage or boil over)
You can serve at room temperature or chilled, I store in the refrigerator due to the Cream Cheese.
This freezes wonderfully for up to 2 months. After the pie fully cools I slip a pie into a 1 gallon freezer bag and freeze like that. When I am ready to serve, I pull it out the night before and let thaw in the fridge, or 2-3 hours on the counter before serving.